You know you're flying Nigeria Airways if.....
- You get to the airport before the ticket counter staff.
- Everybody is checking in suitcases the size of a refrigerator.
- The person beside you taps you on your shoulder and says .." beg yu checkeen dis piece of luggage fah mi nuh... "
- Everybody makes a bolt for the gate when the announcer on the p.a.system says that "..this is NOT a boarding announcement."
- You can't get on board because somebody in front of you is trying to get a Toyota engine block into the overhead compartment.
- At least one passenger is accompanied by an armed Federal Agent (body guard or escort).
- No magazine or news paper to read unless you bring your own.
- Everybody is trying to figure out what the hell "Port of Embarkation" means.
- When the passenger next to you slowly leans away from you while raising one leg and mutters .. "Yes bwoy, DAT is gas!"
- Somebody hands a flight attendant a paper bag and asks her to "heat up dis fufu soup fi mi nuh deariee".
- The overhead compartment smells like fish and rum....then it starts to drip on you.
- Most of the passengers clap and clap when the pilot lands the plane gentleeee.
- Everybody who has a big screen TV, a boom-box and a microwave goes straight to the "Nothing to Declare"..... And I would add
- The steward serves you a hard bread bun and tells you "ol boy, no Tea oh"
Top of Page